The Organization of Plastics Processors of India (OPPI) was established in 1984 to promote healthy growth of the plastics processing industry in India in overall interest of Processors, consumers and society at large. As a representative leading body OPPI presents member's views in the proper perspective and creates a platform for interaction with the government for formulation of progressive policies and good manufacturing practices.
OPPI provides appropriate inputs to the industry to enhance quality, productivity, technology and manpower skills up-gradation. Today, OPPI members form the backbone of the Indian Plastic Processing Industry and the plastic products manufactured by them are appreciated all over the world. Nearly, 43% of the processing of the polymers in India is done by the OPPI members.
- Organization of Plastics Processors of India conducts member-centric activities / programmes. The basic objective of all such activities is to help the members in their lines of production and also help them in business development.
- OPPI is a founder member of Plastindia Foundation. Two nominees of OPPI are on the managing committee of Plastindia Foundation.
- OPPI interacts with the various governmental agencies both at the Centre and at the State levels and makes suggestions for the interventions in removing road blocks for the overall development of the Plastics Processing Industry.
- OPPI submits a detailed Pre- Budget Memorandum to the relevant Ministries after incorporating the reasonable suggestions received from the members.
- OPPI takes delegations to those countries where there is a potential for the members to export their products, transfer technology and establish joint ventures.
- OPPI facilitates participation of its members in various Plastics Exhibitions held in different parts of the world. Such exhibitions give lot of exposure to the products of the members. OPPI membership directories distributed in such exhibitions also result in dissemination of information / data of OPPI members to the potential customers in different parts of the world.
- OPPI Secretariat regularly disseminates information regarding notifications / amendments issued by the various governmental departments from time to time.
- OPPI regularly conducts need based Seminars / Workshops / Lecture Meetings for its members. "Analysis of Union Budget" by experts is an annual feature.
- OPPI has signed MoUs with leading Plastics Associations in different parts of the world — from Canada to Vietnam. The MoUs enable OPPI to get co-operation from these Associations.
- Thus, members seeking information about plastics industry in different countries can approach OPPI Secretariat.
- OPPI has been inviting very eminent personalities in different sectors to address its members — Dr. A.RJ Abdul kalam; Mr. Kumar Mangalam; Aditya Birla Group; Dr. R.A. Mashelkar; Mr. N. R. Narayana Murthy, Chairman & Chief Mentor, Infosys Technologies Ltd; Mr. Kishore Biyani; CEO, Future Group; Mr. B. Muthuraman, MD, Tata Steel; Mr. Azim Premji, Chairman of WIPRO Corporation; Dr. Rakesh Mohan, Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India; Mr. R. Gopalkrishnan, Executive Director, Tata Sons; Mr. Sam Pitroda, The Telecom Guru; Mr. Deepak Parekh, Chairman, HDFC; Mr. Roger Hamilton, Asia's leading wealth consultant; Prof. Nirmalya Kumar, London Business School, and the list goes on.
- OPPI organizes visits to establishments like Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd., Naval Dockyards and Naval Depots etc. to explore the feasibility for developing plastics products required by the defense establishments. Thus, OPPI enables its members to visit establishments.
- Organization of Plastics Processors of India publishes monthly journal - "PLASTISCOPE". The contents of this house journal include details of the activities carried out by OPPI, National & International Plastic News, details of Research & Development in the field of plastics carried out globally, Government News and Notifications, websites connected with plastic industry and other items useful to the Plastic Processors.
- Organization of Plastics Processors of India is committed to promoting environmental excellence through plastics by replacing scarce natural raw material, saving energy and improving the quality of life.